Monday, August 08, 2011

RP Singh: I won't dissatisfy selectors

Posted by Admin On 10:47 AM

Left-arm pacer Rudra Pratap Singh, who has replaced Zaheer Khan for the rest of the England tour, believes he will justify selectors' faith.Ever since Zaheer bhai walk out of the Lord's Test holding his restrict, I was optimistic about my chances of making it to the Indian team.

I know I have been away from international cricket for some time now, but I have been maintaining my strength and bowling a lot in the nets. I can vouch, I am match fit and will not dissatisfy the selectors,RP said from Delhi, where he is making preparations to fly off to England.

Seeing the plight of the Indian bowling on the continuing tour, many former English cricketers have been enquiring about the Rae-B areily Express, because when India had last visited England in 2007, Zaheer (18 wickets) and RP (12) had troubled the English batting line-up.

The duo along with Anil Kumble (14) had ensured India's 1-0 series triumph in the three-match series. RP's problem lies in being mentally equipped for a huge task of propping up a under pressure team, particularly as he last played a Test match over three years ago.

In 2008, after deteriorating to make an impact in Chennai and Motera against South Africa, he was dropped for the Kanpur Test and after that ousted from the Indian team in total, despite skipper MS Dhoni's strong plea for his enclosure.


 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter