Thursday, September 22, 2011

Michael Owen happy to quiet his critics

Posted by Admin On 10:57 AM


Michael Owen admits he gets as anxious ahead of his sporadic appearances for Manchester United as he used to do previous to the major games of his entire career. After 89 caps and appearance in three World Cups for his country, in addition to innumerable high-profile matches at club level, the 31-year-old should be above a few nerves.
However, he felt the tension ahead of Tuesday's Carling Cup win over Leeds, purely because of the heaviness he was under to carry out.I have had some massive games in my career but I almost feel myself getting more nervous these days,he said.I don't fear my stroke will go because I am doing a lot of training and putting in a lot of hard work.
But even the best players in the world can have a bad game and that negative thought is definitely there in the back of your mind because you cannot put things right in three or four days' time like most other players who play all the time.
The pressure is on. Thankfully, every time I have started I have managed to quite people before they chirp up.Remarkably, Owen's brace at Elland Road took his present run to 11 in 12 starts. That record would be enough to assurance him a place in most starting line-ups.
Yet at joint, he can do no better than fourth or fifth-choice striker, depending upon his status and that of Dimitar Berbatov. Certainly, that run began in October 2009, so unusually has Owen been used by Sir Alex Ferguson.
I get criticised by a lot by people who say I don't play but I pick my money up,he said.I am not proud of that fact. I don't want any person to think that I am content by not playing.But I also appreciate there are some top players in the team and the squad so it is a confront to get on the bench let alone the side.
Owen is certainly realistic about his plight, which gets no easier this weekend as, whilst Javier Hernandez misses out through injury, Danny Welbeck is back in contention after a hamstring complaint.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter