Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rohit Sharma pleased to make Test slash

Posted by Admin On 11:04 AM


Rohit Sharma said he was thrilled after being recalled to the Indian squad for the final Test against the West Indies. Mumbai middle-order batsman was draft in the side for the third Test beginning at the Wankhede Stadium on November 22.

The 24-year-old player, who has played 67 ODIs for the country but is, yet to make his Test debut, said injuries had delayed his progress, wishing to stay off them in the prospect so that he could cash in on the chance.

I am quite happy to be back in the Test side, and I would like to cash in on this chance to play for India. Unluckily, I had a lot of injuries in the past, and I would like to stay clear of injuries in the future,Sharma told reporters at the Brabourne Stadium here.

Sharma, considered among the brightest young batting prediction, had barely missed the chance to make his Test debut a couple of years ago when he twisted his ankle while playing football with his India mates half an hour before a match against Australia at Nagpur's Jamtha Stadium.

He had a fruitful time in the West Indies in ODIs after being ignored for the World Cup, but a first-ball wound when he broke his finger in the first ODI against England in India's next tour, put paid to his aspirations.He did not recover in time to play the return ODI series at home against England. But back to back hundreds for Mumbai in their first two Ranji games earned him a berth for the third Test at the cost of the under-performing Yuvraj Singh.

I had a couple of hundreds in the Ranji Trophy this season, so I am sure about my form with the bat. Expectantly I can stay away from injuries and play for India for long years.I have learnt a lot during the time away from Indian squad, and now I am happy to be back in the group. I am happy to see my pains in the domestic matches getting pleased,he added.

 

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter