Friday, May 06, 2011

Viru: I know we would succeed

Posted by Admin On 10:59 AM

DD skipper never felt that a target of 176 was not possible to achieve even when three batsmen were back in the hut within first six over. Virender Sehwag who's phenomenal 119 off only 56 balls saw Delhi beat Deccan by four wickets in an IPL match here on Thursday.

I was always effective my boys that if a set batsman can bat for 15-16 over's, any target is attainable for players like me, Sachin, Gilchrist, visibly happy Viru said at the post-match appearance rite.

Even when Steyn and Ishant snared three wickets in their opening spell, Viru wasn't really troubled.Steyn and Ishant are both world-class bowlers. I was telling myself that if I can just manage to see off their first spell, I will be in a place to assault their fifth bowler which is the weak link. Also I knew that I would be able to handle Amit Mishra as I have practiced a lot against him at the nets,Viru explained.

During his company of 61 for the fourth wicket with Travis Birt, Viru told his junior partner to give him bulk of the strike. Interstingly, Birt had only scored four in the 61-run organization. He had earlier scored 94 in a match at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Uppal and was keen to get a century this time.

I didn't want to miss out on a century this time,said the proud handset of the Orange Cap as he now leads the pack with 422 runs. Although his team has to win the entire match from here on in order to qualify for the semi-finals, Viru insists that they will play fearless cricket as they have nothing to lose.

He praised the Uppal strip expression it as a sporting track where it had amazing for both batsmen as well as the bowlers. The rival captain Kumar Sangakkara rued about the missed probability which cost them the game. Viru was drop two times in the deep by Ankit Sharma and Ravi Teja.

Well, I reckon you have to take grasp in order to win matches,was a terse answer from the skipper.Sehwag batted outstandingly but then 175 was a very good score on this track. Our fielding wasn't upto the mark and we experience because of that,Sangakkara said.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter