Monday, June 06, 2011

Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer to succeed French Open

Posted by Admin On 10:59 AM

Rafael Nadal identical Bjorn Borg's record of six French Open name by thrashing Roger Federer in a vivacious final. The Spaniard emerged triumphant 7-5 7-6 (7/3) 5-7 6-1 in a titanic encounter between arguably two of the best players the game has ever seen.

The momentum swung one way then the other like a pendulum, but although Federer in danger a dramatic comeback, Rafael stepped things up again in the fourth set to seal triumph on his first match point after three hours and 40 minutes.

He could not use that as impetus for the tie-break, though, with Rafael charming the first four points and going on to take it happily. That looked set to be that, especially when Federer was broken to love to trail 4-2 in the third set. But the Swiss dug deep, played a luminous game to hit in a straight line back and then broke again before piece out the fourth set.

How he must have desire he had done that two hours earlier. Federer then had three probabilities to break again at the start of the fourth but they do not come spiritually stronger than Rafael, and that would prove to be the third seed's last possibility. Rafael felt the start of the fourth set was the key instant, saying:He was a little bit unsuccessful in the first set, and after that he came back extremely well in the second.

In the third I had 4-2 but I think he played very, very well from that instant to the beginning of the fourth. When Roger plays like this, the adversary cannot do anything sometimes.I just wait for my second, tried to be there all the time, tried to put him in difficult situation. Saving the 0-40 was very significant for me. That was a big turning point of the match.

Federer was back in a grand slam final for the first time since the Australian Open last year, and he was pleased with his display, even though he knew the chances had been there for it to be so much better. He said:I'm the one that's playing with smaller margins, so obviously I'm always going to go from side to side a few more ups and downs, whereas Rafael is happy doing the one thing for the entire time.

So it's always me who's going to say play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win, if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins.But I thought Rafael played well. I think he dug deep to come back in the first set and get himself into the match. And also the second set.It was tough all the way from side to side. I thought we engage in recreation at a very high level and I was attractive happy with the way I play today.

I don't have huge complaint but obviously there were some missed chance, because you'll always have plenty against him on clay. So if you lose, you always look at those.Overall I'm very content about the contest. Clearly you should be disappointed after losing in a grand slam final. I feel that a little bit today.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter