Monday, June 27, 2011

Rafael Nadal faces huge Del Potro difficulty

Posted by Admin On 2:00 PM

Rafael Nadal will face an early test of his title-defending credentials on Monday at Wimbledon when he meets Juan Martin Del Potro in the fourth round. Nadal, who has yet to drop a set in this year's contest, will put that sign on the line against the previous US Open winner who is back on the tour and back on song next a lengthy nonattendance with a wrist injury.

Plenty has happen it tennis since he lifted the title at Flushing Meadows, but it was only in September 2009 when he fall over Roger Federer, and his current ranking of 21st in the world is nothing like a fair mirror image of his ability. Nadal is well aware of that as well, and knows how well he will need to play to swelling when they meet in the day's final match on Centre Court.

I'm not lucky to play against Del Potro in the round of 16,Nadal said.But that's what it is and I have to be living my best tennis to try to win. His game has everything. I think he has a good serve, very good shots from the baseline.He's total. I think he's a total player.

For his part, Del Potro is equally aware of Nadal's nature and admits he is hesitant if he is yet playing at tallness high enough to beat the top seed.We played this year in Indian Wells and he won really easily,Del Potro said.

I don't know if I'm still far away from that level. He's the number one and he will be the big favorite. In the fourth round, all the players are tough.I don't know if I will have a little chance or not, but I will try to make a good game.Both men have in sequence in the latter stages of grand slams, unlike Bernard Tomic.

The 18-year-old Australian firebrand beat a sick Robin Soderling on Saturday to move into the second week of a slam for the first time.This is a new feeling for me,said the German-born teenager who now lives on the Gold Coast and is seen as the natural descendant to Lleyton Hewitt at the head of men's tennis in Australia.This is the first time I have knowledgeable playing in the second week. I'm sure I will get used to it.

Federer, a winner of six Wimbledon titles, faces Mikhail Youzhny, and Lukasz Kubot, who shocked Gael Monfils, goes up against Feliciano Lopez. The number two seed Novak Djokovic, who dropped his first set of the contest while beating Marcos Baghdatis on Saturday, plays Michael Llodra, and home hero Andy Murray meets Richard Gasquet.

The pair played out an unforgettable Monday night five-setter in 2008 and Murray is fully aware of how awkward an adversary the Frenchman can be.He's a very talented player,Murray said.I've played him many times. I grew up playing with him. He's been in the top 10 in the world before. He beat Federer in Rome a few months ago and he's given guys a lot of evils in the past.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter