Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kevin Pietersen was never the right man to lead

Posted by Admin On 11:19 AM


England off-spinner Graeme Swann has criticized the manner in which Kevin Pietersen led the side throughout his stint as England captain. In his new memoirs, 'The Breaks Are Off', Swann has been quoted as saying:There is no doubt that Kevin is a good player, a actually fine batsman, but he was never the right man to captain England in my opinion. Some people are better leaders of men and Kev, for all his abundant talent is not one of those usual leaders.
According to a report in the Daily Mail, Swann prefers the calmer organization style of Strauss, saying that at one point in the 2008 Chennai Test, Pietersen was reduced to screaming.I wouldn't say he was a ineffective captain, but he wasn't my sort of captain and we've ended up with the right man.
I can't really work out why Strauss stress respect, but he does. I've known him a long time but there is a line I won't cross with him that I will cross with anyone else. It's the sign of a good leader. I'm in awe of the way he speaks.
Swann felt that Strauss knew precisely what the bowler was thinking.He always seems to press the right buttons with me and says exactly what I'm thinking. He's to the point and important and I'd be really upset with myself if he ever felt it necessary to dress me down,Swann was quoted as saying in the book.
The British paper also disclosed the moment when Pietersen's relationship with the then coach Peter Moores started to breakdown - before he was made captain - when Moores insisted the team do strenuous training in the instant aftermath of a tied one-day international in Napier in 2008.
I've never known one particular incident create so much unrest. The New Zealand players were just smiling their tits off at us. I've never been more embarrassed on a cricket field. It was such a shame because Moores had done little wrong until then and he was the man who got me back into international cricket,Swann said.
Swann speaks favorably of Moores and sees no reason why he could not return to coach the national team again in the future. He said:Yeah, why not? I'm astonished that he's not had a go with another country. He's boxed quite clever, going back to Lancashire and doing well with them.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter