Thursday, October 13, 2011

Webb Simpson eyes McGladrey Classic victory

Posted by Admin On 12:02 PM


Webb Simpson proceeds to action at this week's McGladrey Classic with the chance to make a significant move towards the PGA Tour's money list title. Simpson, whose last exterior came in the Tour contest where he was compressed to the FedEx Cup - and its 10million US Dollar (£6.35m) payday - by Bill Haas, trails world number one Luke Donald by less than 70,000 US Dollars (£44,500) with two events residual.
The title brings with it a five-year tour exception, and Simpson is keen to boost his job security in such a fashion at the end of a stellar season which has brought him two titles, at the Wyndham Championship and the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Luke played well all year, and since I started making a run for the money title, it became pretty significant to me to win.It's similar to the Tour Championship; it's hard not to focus on it. But we're just trying to go out and play as well as we can, and if we win the contest, it makes it all the better.
I think to have your job secure for five years is pretty important. I've got a three-year exemption right now, but any time you can get five.This game is crazy. You've seen guys play great their whole career but maybe other guys are up and down. So you never know.
At the other end of the scale, left-hander Steve Flesch is bidding to simply earn his card for next year by breaking back into the top 125 of the money list. Currently standing at 126, the 44-year-old admits he feels lucky to even be in that position.I honestly can't believe I'm close to keeping my card, as poorly as I've played,he said.Other than a couple of weeks, I've really played some average golf this year.
When you don't carry out enough, it shows in your game. I've got to get a lot more work in. I can't give up 40 yards and try to beat people with my wily veteran status.Missing out on the cut-off point would leave him opposite a trip to Q-School, and he has already submitted his entry fee.But I'd love to call them and ask for a repayment,he said.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter