Thursday, November 10, 2011

Graeme McDowell plan to end on a high

Posted by Admin On 10:04 AM


Graeme McDowell is targeting a victorious end to the season as he bids for his first European Tour title of the year at the Singapore Open. McDowell, who over third last week at the HSBC Champions in Shanghai, is set to play both the European and PGA Tours next year and is eager to boost his ranking over the future Asian contest, starting at Sentosa Golf Club on Thursday, to ensure a less hectic schedule next year.

I am not 100 per cent enthusiastic to anything yet. I am going to see how these next four or five weeks ago,the 32-year-old told the European Tour website.If I can have a strong come to an end this year then I can play a little less next year. I will play both Tours next year.

McDowell strung together four rounds under par at the WGC event last week to finish third on 16 under par and equal his best result on the European Tour this year. The world number 14 ended four shots adrift of winner Martin Kaymer in Shanghai and was heartened by his performance in China following a torrid time at the Andalucia Masters the week before.

I worked hard last week to the point where I am now moving the ball very well both ways,he added.Unless you have a ball flight you can control you cannot really play this game very well. I was happy the way I hit the ball last week and I putted much, much better.

I am coming in here with a little bit of confidence and this is a golf course where you certainly have to control your ball flight. And with these big rolling greens you need to putt well.McDowell, though, will have to resist challenge from, among others, Phil Mickelson, Justin Rose, Francesco Molinari, Padraig Harrington and Ernie Els over both the Tanjong and Serapong courses.

Mickelson is sure a fifth visit to Singapore can end with the 41-year-old exciting the trophy.I have been back home playing and working and just itching to come here and play because I feel that I have been in performance well and shooting some good scores,said the world number 11.

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears

 

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter