Friday, November 04, 2011

Mohammad Amir: Cricket may not want me again

Posted by Admin On 1:01 PM


Filled with remorse, Mohammad Amir has apologized for his participation in the spot-fixing scandal, saying he is not sure if the game will ever want him backing. Amir had become the youngest player to take 50 Test wickets before being embroiled in the spot-fixing scandal last year. The 19-year-old said he was trapped and would now accept whatever sentence the Court decides.

My dream was to be the best cricketer in the world. I do not know if cricket will ever want me again. I can understand why it would not,Amir said in a statement read out by his lawyer Henry Blaxland QC at the Southward Crown Court in London.I want to apologize to Pakistan and to everyone that cricket is significant to me. I do know how much damage this has done to the game, a game which I love more than anything else in the world,he said.

Amir said being selected for Pakistan was the best day of his life.The best day of my life was when I was selected to play for Pakistan. I got my shirt the night before; I put it on and stood in front of the mirror for a very long time. I could not believe I was playing for Pakistan,he said.

If I could have, I would have slept in it, but I didn't want to ruin the shirt. That moment was my dream. As soon as I began to realize I could play well when I was 13, my only dream was to play cricket for Pakistan,he added. Amir admit that he bowled two deliberate no-balls during the August 2010 Test at Lord's but claimed he felt pressured to get involved.

He said he could not gather the courage earlier but now he feels relieved after the confession.But I know this was very late and I want to apologize for not saying it before. I didn't find the courage to do it at the beginning, and I know very well that made everything much more difficult.

I got myself into circumstances that I didn't understand. I panicked and did the wrong thing. I don't want to blame anyone else. I didn't want money at all; I didn't bowl the no balls because of money. I got attentive and in the end it was because of my own foolishness.

As difficult as this past year has been, and in chiefly today, I am still relieved to have admitted what I have done. I don't know what my future holds but I would like to say I have learnt a very hard lesson,he added.

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears

 

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter