Monday, November 28, 2011

Pragyan Ojha: Sachin Tendulkar helped me get better

Posted by Admin On 10:06 AM


India's new spin hero Pragyan Ojha on Sunday exposed that he gained heavily from the tips of Sachin Tendulkar, who assist him out with some finer points.Sachin always gives you that energy on the field. He advises me all the finer points like how to deceive a batsman. How to mislead in flight. His tips have helped me in getting at least 10-15 Test wickets,Ojha who is considered as a Test expert told.

I remembered one sentence by Sachin Tendulkar who would tell me if you love the game; you don't need anything to stimulate you. I always wanted to play and that kept me going,Ojha said.

It was a very important series and a great response for me. The significant thing was I could contribute to the team's win and played a major role. I knew it would be a very important series for me in a critical phase of my profession,he said after the hugely victorious series against West Indies at home.

Ojha along with senior state mate VVS Laxman will be playing for Hyderabad in a Plate League match starting from November 29 as he is not playing ODIs.I did not play global cricket for about one year. But I never had that negative feeling. I always stay positive which resulted in this presentation.He termed his county stint as something that changed him as a bowler.

Even when I was not with the team and played county in England, I would practice with the Indian team touring at that point of time. In fact, Anilbhai played a key role in me getting a chance to play for Surrey. They were looking for an Indian spinner and Alec Stewart had got in touch with Anilbhai (Kumble), who had optional my name. I'm really appreciative to him,he recalled how his association with Surrey started.

Ojha credited his performance to hard work and insistence and support from family. Playing alongside Ravichandran Ashwin since his U-16 days has helped him a lot and that has reflect in their brilliant presentation as they have taken 42 out of the 60 West Indies wickets even in the absence of Harbhajan Singh.

I know him since my under-16 days. We have played a couple of matches together for the South Zone. So there is this element of accepting between us. We knew what we were supposed to do and just stuck to the plans. I try to keep things very simple.

Ojha hoped that it will be a 5-0 'whitewash' in favour of Virender Sehwag and his boys in the upcoming ODI series against the West Indies.I pray that it will be a 5-0 loss. But this West Indies side cannot be taken for granted. They are a good side and we should not undervalue their potential.

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears

 

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter