Monday, November 07, 2011

Pragyan Ojha: Wicket didn't present much help

Posted by Admin On 11:20 AM


With the Feroz Shah Kotla pitch not offering much help to the bowlers, Pragyan Ojha said he stuck to the basics to scalp the three wickets on Day Three of the first Test. Ojha was the pick of Indian bowlers as he separate the top three West Indies batsmen restrict the visitors to 256 for five at stumps on the first day.

There was not much in the wicket for bowlers, so I stuck to one line, played with essentials. I just tried to put the ball in the right areas and did not do any other thing,Ojha said at the post-match press discussion. He said his county stint in England had helped him hone his skills which came in handy on Sunday.

My last match was against New Zealand and I played county cricket after that. I honed my skills there, learnt variation and that helped me a lot. I also take advice from Anil Bhai and Bhajji whenever I feel,he said.

Ojha praised West Indian veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul whose unbeaten 111 frustrated the Indians today, recital him as one of the legends of the game.Chanderpaul is one of the legends of the game. But more than the pitch which helped the batsmen, he was using all his experience. It was a nice contest with him.

There were a couple of half chances and I thought I should have got him. I hope I can take his wicket on Monday,Ojha said.West Indies batsman was not trying too much. They were playing straight and did not play fancy shots. I hope we can take the residual five wickets soon on Monday, he said.

Ojha was delighted that he detached opener Kraigg Brathwaite, who scored 63, with Mahendra Singh Dhoni successfully stumping the batsman.I was delighted with the wicket. I think he was beaten by the flight,said Ojha, describing it best his pick.

Asked how he felt being the senior spinner in the team in the absence of Harbhajan Singh, Ojha said, and “I took it in a positive way. I tried not to think much and focus on my performance. I take advice from Anil bhai, Bhajji, VVS Laxman and Dravid. They told me to play in county cricket. They want me to do well for the country.

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears

 

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter