Friday, December 09, 2011

USM Athletic Director Richard Giannini announces retirement

Posted by Admin On 11:53 AM


Southern Miss Director of Athletics Richard Giannini announced his retirement today, successful in early January and will remain with the program through the coaching search process.Four years ago I turned 65 – the same year I hired Larry Fedora and the same year we ended the new south end-zone complex in Roberts Stadium,said Giannini.

At that time, I promise Larry I would stay four more years and help the football program get back to winning C-USA Championships.With Larry leave-taking and the 2011 football team delightful more games than any other team in history, and top that with a conference championship, it is an ideal time for me to retire.

I have worked hard over the last 13 years to try to make this a improved program, and we have skilled some great success.I am most grateful to our donors for their friendship and financial support to help change the face of Southern Miss athletics.I'm proud of our efforts and my goal 13 years ago was to make Southern Miss a better place when I left than when I arrived.

Giannini, 69, a 45-year veteran of athletic management, has served as the school's athletic director for 13 years. Giannini was officially hired on April 21, 1999.Under Giannini's tenure, Southern Miss Athletics has captured 13 Conference USA championships, including three football titles, two regular season and two contest crowns in both baseball and softball and one in volleyball and men's basketball.

Under his direction the football team enjoyed 13 consecutive pleasing season and 12 bowl appearances. The baseball team played in nine consecutive NCAA Regional.

To purchase best sports equipments: boxing equipments , Board games equipments , Athletic gears ,Sports equipment.

 

We selling high quality sports equipments in an online sporting goods store. We value customer satisfaction highly and thus have placed a significant emphasize on the quality of goods we sell. We cater various sporting events such as cricket equipments, boxing gloves, carrom, chess set, shot put, athletic stores and rugby.

blogspot visitor counter